2.0.7 is now live! Like 2.0.6
, it’s another small update with some neat additions, bug fixes and quality of life improvements.The following changes affect the full version:
These changes affect the demo as well:
- Added a Backer NPC and cameo. All players can find and talk to these NPCs, and there’s even a new quest. Hint for finding them: check divider island and CaptAIn’s colony.
- Thanks to the generosity of our Backers, some of the Backer exclusive weapons are now available for everyone (Boomerang, Laser Sword and Leech). Backer weapons also work now in Multiplayer even if some players are Backers and others are not.
- Fin modifiers now lower the use cost of all Equipment (stamina, power, etc).
- When you enter a Colosseum Arena, the difficulty is set to Normal while you are in that Arena (it will return to normal when you leave). This is because the Arenas were balanced with Normal difficulty in mind, and some of them are impossible in 1hko. You can still change difficulty while inside the Arena if you want an extra (perhaps impossible) challenge.
- PvP combat is now possible in multiplayer with a dev console command. Because the game is not cheat proof and is not balanced for PvP, I am not making this a publicly available option, but I added it for modders to play with, and for adventurous non-modders. Join our Discord if you want to learn more: https://discord.gg/Aground
- The Owl familiar, when equipped, now zooms out the game (like when you are riding a spaceship). This lets you see further, and gives you the option to always be zoomed out if the normal zoom level is too pixelated for your tastes.
- Hotkeys will no longer unequip equipment. Some players like hitting an equipment hotkey multiple times to make sure it’s set, and before this would unequip what they wanted to equip. Equipment will still swap back and forth unless you uncheck “Switch Equipment Hotkeys” in gameplay options.
- Other bugfixes and minor tweaks/improvements.
In other news, we have started work on a Hybrid Path, which will be the first major post-launch update. It will combine the magic and science path and add a new ending, new equipment, spaceships and more! The Hybrid Path should be available by the end of the summer.
Enjoy, and as always, don’t be shy if you have any questions or feedback - we are always happy to hear from our players. And don’t forget to join the social channels below if you haven’t already:DiscordRedditTwitterFacebook